Furry Fandom

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sadly, I did not schedule accordingly as I've seemingly missed the EVENT of the year each time I visited.

Welcome to Anthrocon 2008.

:: General Rating of the Convention and Public Decorum ::

Anthrocon prides itself on presenting an atmosphere that is comfortable for anthropomorphics fans of all ages and from all walks of life, and Anthrocon members are expected to act accordingly. All convention areas are considered to be "PG" at all times, with the exception of events or exhibits that are specifically noted to be inappropriate for minors and access to which is monitored by Anthrocon Security staff.

Public displays of affection beyond what is appropriate for polite company are frowned upon. You will be asked to express your devotion to your significant other either in less conspicuous ways, or in private.

My good friend, B, introduced me to this fascinating event earlier today and thank goodness she did because now I have entertainment for the entire day. I myself have never met a so-called "anthropomorphist," (not the official term) but you can only imagine my intrigue. [Please note: Bridget is NOT a follower; she is merely fascinated by this so-called lifestyle and reads for pure entertainment.]

One anxious anthropomorphist was a week early, but he must have used that time to prepare for what he clearly acknowledges as his best week ever - Vh1 style.

Oh and don't you worry - there are volunteer opportunities if you left your costume at home. Don't be shy - let your love for the furry show.

Or not.

Comments

Popular Posts