Yadda yadda yadda

The trek to work this morning was a doozy (not counting the twenty minutes I was stuck underground on the EL). After I had just settled on what song to start out my stroll with ("All Summer Long" by Kid Rock, if you care), I noticed a man with his luggage, sitting outside a coffee shop. Nothing unusual. I stayed in my own world until I heard, "Excuse me?" And suddenly, he was standing right in front of me, severely sweating and super stressed.

He gave me this spiel about how he lives down the street and a water pipe broke, flooded the street and resulted in his car being towed downtown. He had to catch a flight to Boston in two hours, but his computer, wallet and cell phone were all in his car...which was "towed downtown somewhere on Wacker". And did I know that you need ID to fly? He was frantic. I was about to feel bad for him when he said, "I normally would never ask this. I mean, I'm a VP for an elite marketing firm and I make good money, I'm talking good money like one hundred K, but I'm freaking out - can you please spare me any cash for cab fare?"

Dude, really?
A of all) I *strongly dislike* when people feel the need to share how much money they make
B of all) Did he really just say "K" instead of "grand" or "thousand?

Anyways, the good person in me handed over a ten and a "good luck."

Walking away, I realized if he really is the VP of a marketing firm, it's nice to know how he handles crisis situations.

Note to self: Don't work for that dude.
Note #2 to self: Don't hand over tens to strangers again.

Comments

Popular Posts