Imagine That

I have always been fascinated with lyrics. Always have been and always will be. My friend, B, recently claimed that she will never get sick of David Archuleta's new single, "Crush," which prompted me to A) definitely agree - probably too enthusiastically and B) check out the lyrics. While doing so, I was entertained to find that while the lyrics are shallow and follow a 17 year old male's attempt to figure out whether this girl is a friend or mooooore, it is important to note where exclamation points are used in the song.

i.e.
"See it's a chance we've gotta take
'Cause I believe that we can make this into
Something that will last, last forever, forever!"

I hope you noted that the last "forever" was followed by an exclamation point (!). And NOW, when you sing along to this groovy ditty, you will know when it's appropriate to exclaim FOREVER! rather than just your said forever.

There is a difference, you know. Just ask David.

Comments

Popular Posts