Today's my dad's birthday. To quote him, he's "another year younger." It's amazing how consistent he is, turning another year younger annually. It's like Benjamin Button, but minus the baby turning into a creeptastic...thing.
Here's why my dad is the bees' knees, arms and his legs:
• He says things like, "I didn't not used to like him" and "Bad wine is not good!" So wise.
• He completes races in which the distance is something you need to Google. As I learned this year, 50K equals 31.07 miles. This definition can also be found in the dictionary under "crazy".
• He gets defensive over his Jeep. Her name is Sally.
• He makes the best milkshakes in the business and always finds room after a meal for something sweet. Priorities.
• He is a quiet leader who gets things done without an ego. It's possible!
• He consistently combines celebrity names, movie names or band names to create some new celebrity, movie or band you've never heard of. Five points for trying.
• He can't read piano music, but he can play it by ear and he's amazing. Exhibit A (download the MP3).
Of course there are a gazillion other reasons, but I'm pretty sure this post doesn't need to be a novel for you to get that J-man is one of a kind.
So if you see this man walking down the street, ask to shake his hand. You'll be glad you did.