When I hear the words "peanut butter" and "cookie dough" together in the form of a healthy, filling breakfast, I am sold. The only thing you need to know is this does take time. Read: overnight refrigeration or if you're the kind of person who breakfasts for dinner - like I did last Thursday - then make in the morning, consume at night.
- No baking
- The deliciousness factor
- Healthy, all natural ingredients
-Chocolate! (well, this is optional, but it's never too early for homegirl to have chocolate)
- Super filling (we're talking eat this at 7:15am and not hungry again until 1:30-2p)
|Voila! I'm a cook.|
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice (I used skim milk) + another splash in the morning
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1.5 teaspoons brown sugar (Honey or stevia will also work)
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds (Do not omit or the oats will not thicken. You can also use chia seeds, but since I don't know what those are, I went with what I could find at my local grocery store)
- Optional toppings: Honey roasted peanuts, fresh berries, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl
- Allow the bowl to sit overnight in the refrigerator
- In the morning, add a splash of milk and stir everything together again
- Top with honey roasted peanuts, additional peanut butter, fresh berries, etc.
Author's note: I ended up changing the quantities from the original recipe. You should make the amount that works for you!