that one time i baked...

...and people actually asked for seconds...and thirds...and fourths!

I'm notorious for baking new things, only to learn they taste like memory foam or I forgot an ingredient. The effort is always there - the end result is not always edible.

I found myself searching the Interwebs for a Potbelly cookie look-alike recipe aka the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in all the land. I found this one and went for it.

And you guys, I never brag about my baking because there's nothing to brag about. But these? These were GOOD. Better than good.

So just for that, I will share the recipe with you because no one should be deprived a decent cookie in their life.

What you'll need:
1 c margarine
1 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2.5 c oatmeal
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c chocolate chips

What you'll do: 
1)  Preheat oven to 350* 
2)  In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Add in egg – one at a time – beating after every addition. Mix in vanilla. 
3)  In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together then slowly add in margarine mixture. About a cup at a time, mix, then add another cup. Do this until it is all blended together. Mix in chocolate chips.
4)  Form dough into medium sized balls.
5)  Bake for about 10 minutes.


Sick of having a hand covered in flour just to get another scoop,
I opted to cut the top of the bag. Needless to say, I was proud of this moment.
You can't tell by looking but this was A LOT of batter. I'm talking over 60 cookies' worth.
Minus the three I ate whilst baking.
Voila! Edible homemade cookies!

Comments

Popular Posts