the power of no.

I'm a Yes person. I say yes as much as I can because I believe in helping people. I've always viewed No as a negative word. Plus, yes is often the easier choice - easier to please others and make others get along.

However, now that I'm the wise age of 30.5 years young, I've realized yes is actually not easier. Sometimes it means making yourself less happy just to please someone else. And y'all, that ain't no way to live.

And sometimes no is the best thing you can ever utter.

It's hard and liberating and at times, just plain the right thing to do.

I have to remind myself that just because I say no doesn't mean I'm a bad person. It just means I'm prioritizing and doing what's best for me at the time.

I read this article "What happens when you start saying 'no'" this morning and it resonated, you guys. If you suffer from the "yes" syndrome like homegirl, read that article and remember: you're in charge.

giphy (13)


Comments

Popular Posts