that time i fell in love with minnesota.

and two boys under the age of three.

That second part sounds creepier than intended.

At the end of July, I finally got the chance to visit my friend LJ's lakehouse in Minnesota. I've only been hearing about this so-called Pelican Lake since 2002 so I figured - fine, I guess this friendship isn't going away and thirteen years later, I made it!
oh hello, my love.
Something I realized on my way up there: I'd never been outside in Minnesota. My only experience was staying inside the Minneapolis airport (solid airport, by the way).

Fresh Minnesota air.
Lake.
Toddlers.
Quality time (aka spending a first of the month with someone who truly appreciates it as much as you).
Dogs.
Homecooked meals.
Sparklers (not the firework-y kind)

It was the recipe for a perfect long weekend. And it was. Oh it was.

Here's the sneak peek:

Teach Fordie pie the importance of selfies. While he drools. What an (almost) 3 year old move:

His dad graciously brought him a lollipop the size of his head. How sweet:

Donaldson boys: reunited!

Saturday happy hour cruisin' with this strappin' lad:

I woke up like this:

Sunday bloody (Mary) Sunday:

Just holding an intellectual conversation about waterskiing with your toes with my bud, Kelly:

Upside down giggles:

Sweet new kicks!

Best slippers around:

I'm so glad I finally got to enjoy it. I'm just bummed it took me so long to get there!

The good news? I'll be so very back if the gracious hosts allow it!

Comments

Popular Posts