Cracked Rear View

I had forgotten not only how happy concerts make me, but how happy outdoor concerts make me. After gracing Ravinia with our presence again (it had been at least three years for me and 24 years for J), it felt so good to be back. And to come back to Hootie & the Blowfish! Even better.

The concert started with a bang and a "I Go Blind" and we were hooked. He played it all - all the cliche hits from 1994 which you just can't help but love. They also mixed in some "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. and "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis. Can you say AMAZING? Towards the end, I stated (probably too loud due to the mass quantity of red wine we consumed) that I hoped they played my favorite cover...and naturally, they did not disappoint - Turns out "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You" is even better live!

Needless to say, long live Hootie! They will always hold a place in my heart and my CD player.


Pictured: K, M, moi and J, all enjoying the song in their own special way

Comments

Popular Posts