Free Your Mind Then Write About It

Michele: Oh, okay. Um, I invented Post-Its.
Christie: No offense, Michele, but how in the world did you think of Post-Its?
Michele: Uh...
Romy: And I thought of them completely by myself. I mean, all Michele did was say: 'What about making them yellow?'
Michele: Actually I invented a special kind of glue.
Christie: Oh really? Well then I'm sure you wouldn't mind giving us a detailed account of exactly how you concocted this miracle glue, would you?
Michele: No. Um, well, ordinarily when you make glue first you need to thermoset your resin and then after it cools you have to mix in an epoxide, which is really just a fancy-schmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? And then I thought maybe, just maybe, you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivative during the emulsification process and it turns out I was right.

* * * * * * * *

In high school, I would drive and park in a church parking lot about seven minutes from school to cut the walk down (and avoid paying for parking). One afternoon, I came back to my car and found a note attached to my windshield: "God knows what you are doing!" I was shocked and I felt so guilty. Granted I found out later that afternoon it was simply a friend playing a joke.

Passive Aggressive note leaving

There are still people who leave post-it notes, expressing their thoughts/feelings and these notes make for great entertainment.

Comments

Popular Posts