Ten Minutes and Forty-Six Seconds Of Your Time

So tonight, I went to this benefit deal...mainly because my dad was asked to play the piano and I knew it would be free food and a free glass (or three) of wine.

Turns out it was one of the coolest projects I've heard about it in a long while.

Honor Flight Chicago is only a year old, but it's slowly gaining ground. It is a group trying to raise money to fly WWII veterans out to see the Memorial in DC - most of whom have never gotten the chance to see themselves honored. Check out the website for more information.

Before you do so, watch this video and tell me you're not moved:



It's nice to see there are people doing things for other people and these vets are finally getting the recognition they deserve...albeit it 60 years later. As the saying goes, better late than never.

Comments

Popular Posts