This past weekend was a culmination of anticipation/preparation/elation (and other related -tion words) for a reunion much, much too long in the making.
The girls on the Blinn side (minus one) all got together in Chicago and I don't think Chicago knew what to do. It's always fun to play a tourist in your own city because you get to see it through others' eyes.
The cool thing about us is that I learned even though it'd been pretty much 14 years since seeing each other, it was as if no time had passed at all. We were all just a little older, a little classier and legal.
Highlights of the trip:
• Paisely Shoulders has an uncanny ability to read people's body language.
• Chicago means "smelly wild onions" in Native American
• Meghan thinks the Blackhawks flag is the Chicago state flag...
• Celebrity sightings can be found at low-key restaurants in Lincoln Park. [Edward Cullen to Meghan at dinner: "Thanks for letting me be a part of your memories"]
• Erin & I lead parallel lives - one in Chicago and one in Dallas.
• Caribou Coffee has the best napkins and coffee cups of all.
• Bridget looooves the zoo and can name any animal known to man. She's probably a walking encyclopedia.