walk on, walk offs.

So Cubbies, this is how you're going to test my blood pressure? Every single game I've been to this season has not only gone into extra innings, but the Cubbies have finagled a W each time...with some version of a walk-off!

Okay okay, here's some fine print: I've really only been to two games so far, but that's neither here nor there.


However, with many a baseball game under my belt in my life, I daresay yesterday I witnessed a first.

Three hour rain delay.
Bottom of the eleventh.
Bases loaded.
Zero outs.
Fans on their feet.
Count's 3-2...here comes to the pitch...BALL FOUR. Literally a walk off. One might think it would be an uneventful finish, but not when you're a Cubs fan and not when it happens early enough in the season to remain optimistic.

I know it's going to be a long year, but I'm still opting to celebrate every W and continue singing Go Cubs Go loud and proud(ly bad)!

Brother and I grinning after the W.

Comments

Popular Posts