and that's a wrap!

It's hard to believe a mere 100 days ago, I started the "100 days of happy" journey.

Welp, yesterday was the 100th day and I'd say the whole experience was a major success. The goal is not to be happy every second of every day because it's damn near impossible. If you know someone that is, dig deeper.

What I learned and really started to embrace is that there is most definitely something happy in every single day - no matter how it's going. I'm not going to do this "challenge" again because I think it did exactly what it was supposed to do. When I started this in early March, my mindset was totally different than it is now in mid-June. I'm a pretttttttttttttty happy person anyways (well, most of the time) but this really just taught to keep up that optimism. People do notice and most importantly, I notice.

Flipping through my pictures - some I posted on Instagram, some of both Instagram and FB but all I emailed in - a majority of mine contained :

  • a sunset
  • scenic Chicago
  • scenic Cape Cod
  • people I love

I am sure the above is shocking information. I myself was floored.

Here's a sneak peek at the journey:

Day 1: The lakefront trail actually never closes.
Day 25: Blackhawks victory with a brother bear.
Day 50: frien-sins who visit even when it's not super warm out.
Day 74: home away from home
DAY 100: the annual Best-Angel dinner

And here's a little happy ditty to go along with the theme of this post:

Comments

Popular Posts