Our nation's capital

Welp this post is just a smidge delayed. Better late than pregnant!* (I read this somewhere a long long time ago and it's immediately what I say instead of the real phrase. I may never grow up) Anywho, back in January, I had the opportunity to take advantage of a sightseeing/play date in Washington DC and it was a wonderful reminder of a lot of the good things going on. While the weather was more than dismal - we're talking rain and 40+ mph winds - I was so grateful to spend the day with a colleague who I had just met in October, but already know is going to be a lifer.

The two of us did not let the weather deter us and we still covered a lot of ground, blisters and all.

Walking the National Mall is just hard to explain. This overwhelming feeling of patriotism took over. Regardless of all the political talk that is dominating conversation these days, I pushed that aside to let myself feel pride in this great country of ours.

We had a ton of laughs and made the best of what we could.

And you know what? That to me is what life is all about.








Comments

Popular Posts