come on, Google. you’re better than that.

I work in the Internet world and I wasn’t even aware of the privacy-stripping policy Google's instigating in three days. 

Starting March 1, Google will start collecting much more intricate data on what you search, who you are, what religion you believe (or lack there of), what your favorite color of the week is and if you texted that guy back who’s been trying so desperately.

Good news: I’ve stumbled upon an article which points out 6 easy steps to pause this process and make you “anonymous” instead of totally transparent. Me? I've always wanted to be just a number with personality.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to the Google homepage and sign into your account.
2. Click the drop-down menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click accounts settings.
4. Find the "Services section".
5. Under "Services" there is a sub-section that reads "View, enable, disable web history." Click the link next to it that reads: "Go to Web History".
6. Click on "Remove all Web History".

I get they want to learn more about a browser’s behavior but at least give the people a bit more of a heads up, would ya? It's the least they could do.

That's where I come in with sharing those steps above. You can Google "how to thank me" later.


Comments

Popular Posts