Distraction Reaction.

On this historic and awe-inspiring day in history, I have to admit I was distracted before Mr. Barack Obama was sworn in. If you know me, I am the biggest advocate for patriotic songs so I am in no way, shape or form bringing the production of American songs down. Afterall, I've been known to lead singalongs with my personal fav, "You're a Grand Ol' Flag."

Anyway, back to the task at hand - I could go on about how grand our flag is for hours - Aretha Franklin was invited to sing "My Country Tis of Thee." No, wait, maybe it wasn't even that tune. See that's how distracted I was! I can't even remember what she was singing. All I know is that I did not like her rendition of the ditty, nor did I appreciate the adornment upon her head.

Really - what is that? Perhaps it's because I'm not a fashionable person, but that...that...that thing really distracted me from her patriotic song. I think it is her patriotic duty to remove and burn immediately.

Comments

Bridge said…
But did you see the hat that George H.W. Bush was wearing? I think it was made of fur...and had flaps...but I can't find it on the internets...

Popular Posts