Feel Good Friday.

During my stroll to work this morning, I was reminded - once again - why people are inherently good...and that chivalry is not dead (man to man, that is).

I was approaching the building I sneak through to escape the cold when I saw a man grab a twenty from the sidewalk. I was like "Whoa, happy Friday to him!" However, what I had not previously noticed was that specific twenty had fallen from the man wearing a red coat's pocket in front of him.

Clearly, Nice Guy could have kept that twenty for himself and no one would have known but himself. However, that man is a good man because he started to slightly jog to catch ol' Red Coat and simply handed over the twenty. No words were exchanged except a slight mumble of "thank you" from Red Coat, followed by the macho male head nod by Nice Guy.

It just reminded me that people are inherently good - in a world where we sometimes forget that it's simple things that brighten people's days.

The best kind of little good deeds are the kind that only you know about – that's usually what makes me happiest because if you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?

Comments

Popular Posts