Time to Say Good-Bye

Being the sports fan I am, I understand that players come and go. I just wasn't prepare to say good-bye to my favorite Cub of all time. It's been a week's time since I've heard the news so I think I'm somewhat prepared to write about it. However, "prepared" is all relative.

Mark DeRosa is no longer a Chicago Cub. He is now a Cleveland Indian.

I do not like this fact.
I do not support this fact.
I will not get over this fact.

Luckily, I found out immediately on New Year's Eve day and was able to appropriately (though responsibly) drown my sorrows that night.

But really, Cubs management, yes, let's trade Mr. Versatility in hopes of gaining yet another pitcher who may or may not make or break the pitching staff. Genius plan, guys.

Naturally, I'm bitter. However, I'll be the bigger person and I'll get over it. Time heals all wounds, right?

(And this was my first – and ideally last – dramatic post of the year...)

Comments

Popular Posts