dennis screwball

For as long as I can remember, my parents gave me "love" presents. "Just because" presents. And they always came at the most unexpected times. And I never took them for granted.

Take last night, for example. I climbed into my dad's car as we were heading to the Cubs game and before we left the parking garage, he handed me a box with said "love" present and I never saw it comin'.

What you see before you is an original Cape Cod bracelet - the Dennis Screwball!


Now, I've been to the Cape a good number of times and while yes, I have noticed this design on my mom's wrist...come to think of it...constantly, I never thought to ask what it was from or if there was a story behind it. I just assumed my dad gave it to her and that was that.

Of course I turned to my good friend, Google, today to learn a bit more and wouldn't you know: the Cape Cod bracelet was originally designed by a man who lived in Dennis (aka our Cape hometown!) AND his last name is my first name (spelled differently). What are the odds?? Wait, don't answer that. There are only 14 official towns on the Cape so I guess the odds aren't terrible.

Needless to say, I'm absolutely obsessed with it and fairly confident it will never be leaving my wrist.

Feel free to throw me the Dennis screwball any day of the week.

Comments

Popular Posts