Curious George

So I am getting out my wallet to pay the nice Dunkin' Donuts lady for my iced coffee when I glance at the one dollar bill I am about to hand over. It had purple ink printed on it. Curious, I opted to hang onto it and pay her in the millions of other singles I had.

I pulled out the purple-printed single once I was in the car and noticed that it read "Please help record this bill's life history. Currency tracking project." Near the bottom, there was a website to visit: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/. I was intrigued. Welp, curiousity killed the cat so I headed towards a computer and jumped on the site. Ridiculously cool idea. It is really as it says - it tracks the currency as it floats around the country. I plugged in the serial number, series number and my zip code to find that the bill I had in hand originated in Wisconsin, starting March 1 and it came directly from a bank. Makes sense since this bill is basically brand new.



The bill has traveled 94 miles in 97 days and is now 84 miles from its starting location. I'm fascinated. Such a neat idea.

Now I must spend wisely for I have no clue who's getting this dolla next...

Comments

Popular Posts