Something 'bout a Sunday

As I started making coffee this morning, I was just thinking about how much I love Sunday mornings. They might be one of my favorite things. Drinking coffee, attempting the New York Times Crossword (where I'm lucky to get six words correct) and just enjoying the morning. This thought then prompted the thought about how many songs are about Sundays (and occasionally rain on a Sunday).

Thus, I have pulled a few of my favorite lyrics involving Sunday...just because...

* Sunday morning, rain is falling, steal some covers, share some skin (Maroon 5)

* And the haze clears from your eyes on a Sunday (Jimmy Eat World)

* Take me to a zoo that's got chimpanzees, tell me on a Sunday please (Sarah Brightman)

* Suddenly everything's gonna be okay, there's somethin' 'bout a Sunday (Michael Peterson)

* And steal a kiss as the sun fades, that's what I love about Sunday (Craig Morgan)

* Pray that it's raining on Sunday, stormin' like crazy (Keith Urban)

...I was tempted to add the ever-popular line from Manic Monday..."I wish it was Sunday cuz that's my fun day"...but I just couldn't do it. That would have been taking it too far and it would have taken away from the SUNday.

Comments

Popular Posts