two eight.

Today’s my first full day as a 28 year old. I feel wiser (duh) and refreshed (must have been the cheeseburger I ate for dinner). I’m not a fan of my own birthday. I get embarrassed by the attention and the ooh and aahing of another year.

Luckily, I spent my Valentine’s birthday night on a hot date…with my momma. It was absolute perfection. Just a simple little dinner then back home to eat some cake, with chocolate frosting only. Low key – just the right kind of key for me.

Now that I’m officially in my late 20s - which is just ridiculous in and of itself - I’ve promised myself:
-          my thoughts will be more profound
-          my filter will be turned on a bit more (really, Mark, I’ll try…)
-          I’ll make a conscious effort to remember everything fantastic happening because it’s a lot
-          the puns won’t stop (mostly because they can’t)
-          And I’ll remind myself what my current top five songs of the moment are:
1)       “I’m Your Baby Tonight” – Whitney Houston (RIP, voice of an angel)
2)      “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)” – Kelly Clarkson
3)      “Hey Mama” – Mat Kearney
4)      “Lovely Day” – Bill Withers (it’s currently what my KerriPhone alarm is set to and there’s pretty much no better way to wake up than to this song)
5)      “Super Bass” – Nicki Minaj (I may not get her whole Nicki Minaj thing but I dig this song, probably because I get to sing along in a fake British accent. Score.)

I may not know what 28 has in store for me, but for the most part, I know who (both musically and in real life). And that to me…is priceless.

Thanks for the bday/vday tulips, Mom & Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts