lol.

I don't "lol" and there once was a time where I was scared of emoticons (thanks, Emoji language on the iPhone, for I am frightened no more).

I'd like to take you back to when AOL Instant Messenger was the reason for breathing. That's right: back to roughly sixth grade until well, senior year of college. Yes, that's a fact and I'm not ashamed of it.

Oh to return to the days where your "Away" message was the biggest deal in the world. And you were challenged each day to have the cleverest (needless to say, I rocked that challenge each day).

But wait!
You can!

A genius invented this Twitter handle and although there's a bit more drama entwined than my Away messages of choice growing up, it's still entertainment:

https://twitter.com/yourawaymessage


All this raises the ultimate question: have Facebook statuses replaced AIM Away messages?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Comments

Popular Posts