29.5

My half birthday is next week.

Now I'm not a "let's celebrate everything about my birthday" kinda of person, but the half birthday does mean the inevitable...I'm closer to 30. Ay carumba.

This realization hit me a few weeks ago and unexpectedly, I started to mildly freak out. 30? Thirty? How? I just finished college...7 years ago.

I had the "I haven't done anything in my life" meets "Tim McGraw wrote a song about his next thirty years" conundrum.

I'm trying to settle down.

It's like Olivia Wilde (who I really don't know anything about?) read my mind and published this article:
Olivia Wilde's Advice for Turning 30

Moral of the story: "I'd rather be a good person who makes people happy than a dick who wins a Nobel by 32."

Amen, sister.

Time to embrace the big 3-0. Or right now, the big 2-9-point-5.

Yes, I took creative license with the above image. Why? Because I'm 29.5, y'all.

Comments

Popular Posts