these boots were made for walking...in the chicago winter

It's been COLD here. Cold and snowy.

I know what you're thinking: you live in Chicago, dumdum. That's what happens in the winter, but what you guys don't realize is that while yes, I do live here (and loooooooooove it), this is a different kind of cold. It's "my eyeballs are cold" freezing.

However, back in November, I decided to make a boot move. In the past, I'd just borrowed boots from my madre because let's face it: she always finds the best stuff. I hope I inherit that quality (among others) when I grow up.

I was tired of cold feet. My circulation is so bad; it's basically non-existent. So I needed some hardcore boots that were waterproof, warm and semi-decent looking. I am a chick afterall.

I found a white pair of Sorel Joan of Artics at Nordstrom Rack for an amaaaaaaaazing price, but even at the amazing price, I just couldn't sell myself on white boots. I felt like a walking Snooki snowball - which totally works for some people, but not for moi.

After about a month debating whether I should just pull the trigger and buy the same boots but in a different color, I went for it. "Investment" rang clear and loud in my head.

And you guys, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Yes, that sounds dramatic and no, Sorel isn't paying me a thing to write this post. My feet are cozy and dry...all the time! I don't fret about snowbanks or slushiness; I just stride confidently through them all!

So go out and get you some:

KPA ratings on a 1 - 10 scale (1 = no thank you and 10 = YES, all good)
Comfort: 9 (they do take one wearing to get used to, but after that it's easy peasy)
Sizing: 8
Aesthetic appeal: 10
Ease of use: 9.8 (the only reason they aren't a 10 could potentially just be user-error as I did put the wrong boots on the wrong feet one morning. Call it morning blues?)


Comments

Popular Posts