Fly Friday - August 15

Welp it's been quite the week so it's time to focus on some fly things.

1) Remembering Robin Williams and all he taught us: "You'll have bad times, but it'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to" (circa Good Will Hunting, 1997). The great comedian man brought us Oh Captain! My Captain, Pan the man, Mrs. Doubtfire, the Genie, just to name a few. This week, we were all rudely reminded you never know the demons one is fighting. My childhood would have looked different without Mr. Williams. What he taught us was to treat everyone with respect, stay laughing and be kind. Hopefully now he's found the peace he was looking for.

2) Discovering old mini videos from the college days. And high school. And realizing not much has really changed.

3) The Spinach, Egg White and Feta Wrap from the Starbucks. I could probably eat it every day if I made a gazillion dollars. Nice lil Friday treat. (With that said, I'm pretty confident I've actually already talked about this before. Oh well.)
Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap
image credit
4) Friend matchmaking which leads to dinners in places that look like this...while still in Chicago. Yes, amigos, I went to an Indonesian restaurant and actually found things I enjoyed eating. Miracles do happen.
Rickshaw Republic on Lincoln Ave.
5) Finding words to live by which should resonate with everyone. Yes, even you.
image credit
And with that, let's go ahead and make it a flyyyyyyyyyyy Friday.

Comments

Popular Posts