The Media: A Fan's Best Friend

Even as a Cubs fan (through thick and thin), I still have a hard time blaming Steve Bartman for the downfall of the Cubs/Marlins' series back in 2003. It takes a combination of things to lose a game and whether that was the instant to change the game, maybe it was. But hey, everything happens for a reason, right?

Five years and $25,000 later, Chicago wants Steve Bartman back.


After all the death threats and cruel words directed at him, the city he so dearly loved and who quickly ran him out wants him to come back to sign his name on a photograph of the actual event. He doesn't even need to sign the ball; just prove his identity and sign a picture.

Call me crazy, but leave the poor guy alone. However, even as I typed that, I do wonder whether I will be standing in the Rosemont Convention Center at 1p on July 31, awaiting the man made famous for simply being a larger than life fan...

Comments

Popular Posts