reLENTless

Let's backpedal a couple weeks and talk about the start of Lent.

Ash Wednesday was February 13 a.k.a. the day before the big 2-9! (As Peg wisely pointed out "So glad your b-day is squeezed between Ash Wednesday and a Friday in Lent! Phew" - meaning we could devour the cheeseburgers for dinner guilt-free). I digress.

The big question lingering over errybody's head is WHAT DO I GIVE UP FOR LENT?

I've done the pop thing.
I've done the candy thing.
Yadda yadda yadda.

I needed something new. Something edgy.

I tapped into my inner self and asked, "Self, what would be a super challenging thing for you to give up?"

Sadly, a few things came to mind far too easily, but that's neither here nor there.

The end result: "No online shopping for 40 days."

This entails: clothes, jewelry, food and basically everything (with the exception of airfare because homegirl's got a few places to be).

Here's the old me online shopping! Don't I look goooooooooooooooooood?

Just kidding. That's not me. I just borrowed the image from this article.
Anywho, I'm two weeks in and proud to say: two weeks online shopping free.

Pretty sure my credit cards have not been sadder, but my wallet's been much happier. This is one time where "it's what on the inside that counts" does not apply.

What did YOU forgo these next 40 days?

** And for your reference, this really is me and some of the fam the day I entered my 29th year on this here confusing Earth:

Just being epic.
Roll Tide?


Comments

Popular Posts