i prefer awesome.

I can't wrap my brain around what happened in Boston yesterday. It is awful. Tragic. Horrifying. Still hard to believe.

As someone who has a few races under her belt, the finish line is quite possibly the best sight of all during a race (personal opinion). I've only ran half marathons and can I just say: each time I saw the finish line, I thought I might cry out of pure happiness? And that's only 13.1 miles. A marathon is 26.2.

It symbolizes dedication, achieving a goal and making it happen. There's a sense of accomplishment as you cross that line. You did it. But that didn't happen yesterday. Yesterday, people were running...for their lives, not celebrating the amazing feat of finishing a marathon.

And for those inquiring minds: no, my dad did not choose to run Boston this year, but if he did, no doubt he would have been featured in this awesome article:

"13 examples of people being awesome after the attack".

This is one of my favorites:


I also want to give a shout out to the Chicago Tribune for this:

 
We are America. And we won't stand for this.

As for me, I don't want to stand. All I wanna do is run.
Run to help.
Run to my loved ones.
Run for Boston.
Run for America.
Run with me.

Comments

Popular Posts