my parents turned 35!

On December 15, 1979, my parents decided to make it official and become the Joe and the Peg we know and love today.

Flash forward 35 years and who would have thought they would both want to surprise each other with anniversary gifts - even though they agreed to not do anything special?

I'm here to tell you it was amazing, overwhelming, unforgettable and really really hard to keep quiet!

Here's how it went down

PEG for JOE

My mom surprised my dad with a sweeeeeeeeeet guitar (we're talking James Taylor would be jealous sweet). The below video is when we learn that my dad, although in the packaging industry, still has some lessons to learn:


But damn, can he play:

JOE for PEG

My dad schemed for Mark to fly in and surprise my mom with the announcement they'd be renewing their vows. And it got all of us feeling all the feels. I mean, I always knew my parents loved each other in the coolest kinda special way, but to witness them re-devote themselves to one another...in front of us...was something I will never forget. And reminds me true love is absolutely worth the wait.

Only Angels are allowed to take church selfies

 Father Hurley was THE man

The day we learned Ricky isn't comfortable wearing just a white button down shirt 

I mean, does it get any cuter?

So happy anniversary, Mom and Dad - thanks for inviting us to join the ride and here's to 35+ more! The best is yet to come.

Comments

Dad said…
Beautiful,Hun.....thank you. We are so glad the three of you were able to share this with us. Love you toe mush.
Unknown said…
Wow!! You have posted very interesting article and I really enjoyed reading your all blog. I am also wondering some unique vow renewal location for my vow renewal. Can anyone suggest me?

Popular Posts