(sleep)walk the walk.

I talk in my sleep. I grew up talking, continued through college and still do to this day. But most recently, my sleeping self seems to really have taken to sleepwalking. As in two sleepwalking instances in two weeks: two too many?

It's true: my sleepwalking days have returned and while they are hilarious, they also alarm me and cause a lot of confusion in the middle of the night.

The first instance was two weekends ago when I woke up...
in the shower...
with my PJs on. 

It wasn't until the water hit my face I realized something was off and I didn't need to be in the shower yet and why the heck am I in shorts and a t-shirt? I got out, still in a daze, dried off, switched to different clothes, checked the clock: 2:42 AM. Yep, confirmed: definitely didn't need to be in the shower.

But wait - there's more! Much like an infomercial.

It happened...again...last night! Except this time, I didn't wake up in the shower. I woke up in my closet, putting on a pair of shorts. Again, I woke up with one leg in and realized: I don't need to be doing this. I glanced at the clock: 1:36 AM. Yep, I can go back to bed.

It's strange - really - when you start sleepwalking again for no reason. I used to do it when I was little every so often (unplugged my lamp and walked it into my parents' room in the middle of the night). Real safe, Ker.

All I ask is Self, next time you sleepwalk, let's just keep myself safe. Until then, I'll appreciate the amusement the morning after.

In the mean time, check out these 10 "unbelieveable sleepwalking stories." I'm happy a shower is all I took!

Comments

Popular Posts