the wound is still fresh.

Friday night marked the end of the era.

And did I stay in to witness the end of the era? Don't ask silly questions - of course I did.

Dillon, Texas: home of the East Dillon Lions and part of my heart. Friday Night Lights was easily one of the most underrated shows on the television. How there have been over a dozen seasons of The Bachelor (well, yes, of course I watch that too, but not with quite as much intensity), and only five...count them on one hand...five seasons of FNL? We'll never know.

What we do know is it's a crying shame.

Speaking of crying, it's what I did the entire series finale. In part because it really was the very last final episode and in other part because it really was just that good. Spoiler alert here.

If you didn't watch the series, you totally missed out.

It gave you hope that not all marriages are perfect, high school does suck for many, and football brings everyone together. From Tami Taylor - the world's best TV wife ever - to Tim Riggins - the best looking long-haired bad boy I've ever seen - each character makes the other better.

Catch it on demand. Netflix. Anywhere. Just catch it somewhere. It'll change your life. So RIP, Friday Night Lights, my DVR won't be the same without you.

Image credit

Comments

Popular Posts