The Good Things that 2009 Brought Me

I'm sure you get lots of e-mail that have a "best of" dealio to wrap up the year.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you may think it's lame, but I decided a while ago to challenge myself to make a "best of 2009" for my own life. Pardon me if you don't care, but if nothing else, give it a go yourself. Makes you really appreciate all you've done/gone through to get to where you are and seriously, what better time to do so than the end of a year? Cliche, yet golden.

So - in no order whatsoever other than when the thoughts popped into my head, I give to you...the best of my year:

1) Kristyn & Michael tying the knot
2) Jill & Bri-guy tying the knot
3) Meg & Mike tying the knot
4) "Evacuate the Dance Floor" by Cascada
5) Mark (finally) graduating from Benet and successfully surviving his first semester of college
6) Ricky invading Denver and loving it
7) Summit Publishing surviving (kudos to Dad on this one)
8) Buying myself a red sofa and sweet chair-and-a-half
9) Giving a speech in front of 100+ people for work
10) Dan & Mel having their first baby!
11) Third annual Great Es(cape)
12) Spontaneous trip taking
13) Living on my own in Chicago (word up, one bedroom)
a) finding lint filter in dryer in said apartment
14) Attending an actual horse race
15) Meeting Gavin DeGraw and promptly falling slightly in like (damn celebrities ::sigh::)
16) Sporting a homemade colorful mumu and having a dance party for approximately 6 hours
17) Seeing Britney Spears in concert at her CIRCUS and making fun of the fact the Pussycat Dolls opened for her
18) Finding and playing Giant Jenga at a bar!
19) Seeing Elton John & Billy Joel AT Wrigley Field (tell me how I am ever going to top that?)
20) Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco

Really...I could go on because '09er was a pretty great year. But as Tina and I both know, the best is yet to come...

Hope yours was just a great...until next year!

Comments

Popular Posts