apartment therapy.

Many are familiar with the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" a la the version I previously posted. This year, I became familiar with "The Twelve Days of Moving." Since Mark inquired, no, that does not mean it took me twelve days to move from point A to point B. Child isn't well versed in the art of moving. I was merely referring to all the phone calls/logistics/packing/shifting that occur to prepare one's self for a move.

I've been in these new digs since Saturday and I feel settled and really excited to begin this chapter of living. Here's a quick tour:

We enter through the front door.


Here's the trunk that sits in the front hall. Peg found these amazing lamps for a bargain price and my Woof & Poof collection grows just a bit each year.


If you peer to your left, you see what many call "the kitchen." I call it "a room I avoid at most costs unless I'm thirsty."


I have fond memories from my kitchen at my last apartment. Mainly because it was the room I used to get the worst cell phone service in. I was on the phone with my mom one day and she asked where I was. I said the kitchen and she responded, "Have I taught you nothing? Get out of there!" Welp, here I am again: view from the kitchen.


Not wanting to overstay my welcome, let's move on to the tv/family room. Those darn shelves you see there took forever to find a home, but I'd say it's the perfect place for them!


Giving you a sense of the space. Thank goodness Mark was on hand during the move-in. None of my artwork would be on the walls if it weren't for him. He's good.


Enter: the bedroom. And in one corner - the infamous yellow bookshelf. Painted by yours truly and truly loved by yours truly.


And in the other corner - the yellow nightstand. Seems I like yellow things in my room? I do enjoy the huge window which serves well as an extra shelf.


And last, but certainly not the least - the best furniture purchase ever made. That navy dresser has served many a purpose (it's first starring role was as a headboard in Philly) and I'm so excited to have it for the rest of my life.


And that's a wrap! And a lot of pictures!

Comments

Meghan said…
love the new place! and thank goodness for boys to hang everything on the walls- that's my least favorite part of decorating!

Popular Posts